Himachal Pradesh has many passes but few passes has motorable access other can be access by trekking. Below is the list of important passes of Himachal Pradesh.
1. Rohtang Pass – Rohtang pass is most famous pass of Himachal Pradesh also known as Rohtang La connecting Kullu valley to Lahul and Spiti. Rohtang elevated at 3978 meters is high mountain pass and 51 KM from Manali.
2. Kunzum Pass – Kunzum Pass or Kunzum La pass connect Lahul with Spiti valley of Himachal Pradesh. This pass is high mountain pass at an elevation of 4590 meters above sea level.
3. Baralacha La – Baralacha pass at an elevation of 4890 meters which connect Lahul and Spiti with Ladakh of Jammu and Kashmir on Manali-Leh national highway. This pass is once consider one of the most high altitude motorable pass in the world.
4. Hamta Pass – Hamta Pass lies at an altitude of 4270 meters on the Pir Panjal range in the Himalayas. This pass connect Kullu and Lahul.
5. Borasu Pass – Borasu Pass at an altitude of 5450 meters is a high mountain pass in the Himalaya Mountains connecting Uttrakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
6. Rupin Pass – Rupin Pass is a famous trekking pass connecting Sangla Valley of Himachal Pradesh with Dhaula in Uttrakhand at an altitude of 4650 meters.
7. Chanderkhani Pass – Chanderkhani pass connect Naggar with famous Malana village in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh at a height of 3660 meters.
8. Chanshal Pass – Chanshal Pass connect Rohru with Dodra Kwar of Shimla district of Himachal Pradesh. Chanshal Pass elevation is 3750 meters, and seasonable road connecting Rohru adn Dodra Kwar.
9. Indrahar Pass – Indrahar Pass is a mountain pass in dhauladhar range of Himalayas connecting Kangra and Chamba district, its famous trekking destination in summer.
10. Saach Pass – Saach Pass is a 4,420 metre high mountain pass in Chamba District, Himachal Pradesh, India on the Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas. It connects the Chamba valley with the Pangi valleys of Himachal Pradesh.
11. Shingo La – Shingo La is a mountain pass in India, on the border between Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh at an height of 5091 metre.
12. Shipki La – Shipki La is a mountain pass and border post with a dozen buildings of significant size on the India-China border. It is located in Kinnaur district in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India, and Tibet, China. The pass is one of India’s border posts for trade with Tibet. The pass is close to town of Khab.
13. Debsa Pass – Debsa Pass is a 5360 metre high (17590 ft) mountain pass in the Himalaya mountains between the Kullu and Spiti Districts of Himachal Pradesh, India.
14. Pin Parbati Pass – Pin Parbati Pass connects Parvati Valley of Kullu with Pin Valley of Lahul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. Pin Parbati Pass is at 5319 metre high mountain pass.
15. Takling La Takling La or Parana Pass is famous trade route of pass connecting Spiti valley with Ladakh at an altitude of 5575 metre high mountain.
16. Parang La – Parang La is a parallel pass from Spiti valley of Himachal to Ladakh along with Takling Pass.
17. Jalori Pass – Jalori Pass is a high mountain pass connecting Banjar with Anni in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 3120 metre.